Friday, July 30, 2021

Beach Reading!

We're taking a summer break. As much as I'd like to head to the beach, the only thing nearby is a sandy bit of shore along a lake where seagulls wheel overhead. There are no waves, no hermit crabs, no tidepools. What we do have, though, is a library system filled with books about the beach. Books that can take us to the shore even if  we just spend summer dabbling toes in a wading pool, building sand castles in the sandbox, or swinging on a hammock strung beneath shady trees. 

So I'm packing up my beach bag with library books and heading out to read... see you in September!  












3 comments:

  1. I love that you've tracked down some beach-themed books so you can make your own "trip" to the beach over the summer! Clem and Crab looks intriguing, and I'm surprised and excited to see that my library has it through Hoopla! Thanks so much for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now I've got a new list of reading material. I'd only had one of these on my list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete